Are you tired of the same old recipes for dinner? Are you looking for Chicken Philly Recipe meal that is both quick and delicious? Look no further than the chicken Philly recipe. This sandwich is easy to make and packed with flavor. In this article, we will delve into the origin of the recipe, how to prepare the ingredients, and tips to ensure that your chicken Philly comes out perfect every time.
Why Chicken Philly Recipe?
The chicken Philly recipe is the perfect dinner option for anyone who wants a tasty and filling meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
\It is a versatile recipe that can be customized to suit your taste preference. The combination of juicy chicken, melted cheese, and sautéed vegetables makes for a mouth-watering sandwich that will satisfy even the most discerning of taste buds.
The Origin of Chicken Philly Recipe
The chicken Philly recipe originated in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the 1930s. It was created by Pat and Harry Olivieri, who ran a hot dog stand in South Philadelphia. One day, they decided to try something different and sliced up some beef and cooked it with onions, which they then smothered with cheese and served on a hoagie roll. This became known as the Philly cheesesteak and quickly became a local favorite. The chicken version of this sandwich was later created to accommodate those who don’t eat beef.
Preparing Your Ingredients
Before you start cooking, it’s important to gather all of your ingredients. You’ll need the following:
Kitchen Equipment Needed
- Skillet or griddle
- Cutting board
- Mixing bowl
Making the Sauce
The sauce is what gives the chicken Philly its signature flavor. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
The Ingredients Needed
- Sriracha sauce
- Lime juice
- Garlic powder
Preparing the Sauce
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, and lime juice.
- Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
Tips for Getting the Perfect Sauce
- Use fresh ingredients
- Adjust seasonings to taste
- Mix well for a smooth, creamy sauce
Preparing the Chicken
The chicken is the star of the show, so you want to make sure it’s cooked perfectly. Here’s what you need to do:
Choosing the Right Chicken Part
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are the best option for this recipe.
Marinating the Chicken
- In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken breasts and marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
The Cooking Process
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken breasts from marinade and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Let the chicken cool before slicing.
Tips for Getting the Perfect Chicken
- Use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before slicing to ensure it remains juicy.
Assembling the Chicken Philly
Now that you have your sauce and chicken prepared, it’s time to assemble your sandwich.
Preparing the Bread
- Slice a hoagie roll or ciabatta bread in half.
- Brush both sides with garlic butter and toast until lightly browned.
Adding the Ingredients
- Spread the sauce on the bottom half of the bread.
- Lay the sliced chicken on top of the sauce.
- Add sautéed onions, peppers, and mushrooms.
- Top with melted provolone cheese.
Tips for Assembling the Sandwich
- Layer the ingredients evenly to ensure each bite has a perfect balance of flavor.
- Toasting the bread helps prevent it from getting soggy.
Serving and Eating
A good meal is not complete without perfect side dishes and drinks.
The Perfect Side Dish Suggestions
- French fries
- Sweet potato fries
The Best Drink to Complement the Meal
- Iced tea
Serving the Dinner to Guests
Chicken Philly is a crowd-pleaser and is perfect for serving at parties. You can set up a DIY sandwich bar, allowing guests to assemble their sandwiches as they like.
Tips on How to Enjoy Your Chicken Philly
- Take a big bite and savor all of the flavors.
- Pair with your favorite side dish and drink.
- Enjoy with family and friends.
Recap of the Recipe
- Make the sauce by mixing mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, and lime juice with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Choose boneless, skinless chicken breasts and marinate them in olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Assemble the sandwich with the sauce, cooked chicken, sautéed onions, peppers, and mushrooms, and melted provolone cheese.
- Serve with your favorite side dish and drink.
Why Chicken Philly is an Ideal Dinner Option
- Quick and easy to make
- Packed with flavor
- Customizable to your taste preference
- Perfect for serving at parties or casual dinners with family and friends.
Also Read: Weight Loss Meal Plans
The chicken Philly recipe is a classic dish that will never go out of style. With its combination of juicy chicken, melted cheese, and sautéed veggies, it’s a meal that everyone can enjoy. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced cook, this recipe is sure to be a hit in your household.
Chicken Philly is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that can be customized to fit your taste preferences. With the tips and tricks outlined in this article, you’ll be able to create a perfect chicken Philly sandwich in no time.
Can I use beef instead of chicken?
Yes, you can substitute beef for chicken if you prefer.
What type of bread can I use for the sandwich?
Hoagie rolls or ciabatta bread are the best options for this recipe.
Can I make the sauce ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
What beverages go well with chicken Philly?
Beer, lemonade, iced tea, and soda are all great options to pair with this meal.
How long does it take to make chicken Philly?
The total cook time for this recipe is approximately 40 minutes, including preparation and cooking time.